Friday, June 19, 2009

Movin On Up!

I've been working my butt off to get Sugar & Swank top placement on Google and it seems as though my work's payin off. I'm "Movin On Up" to the top of the list!

In the past whenever we were looking for a business to hire we'd use the Yellow Pages. Companies believed potential clients would start at the top of the list and work their way down so alphabetical was key. Think A-1 Plumbers. But now most of us only use the internet to search so catchy key words that attract Google and other search engines are the the key to getting a good ranking.

What do I mean? Here are some examples:

Spa Mercer Island
Mercer Island's Best Spa
Hair Removal Mercer Island
Waxing Mercer Island
Make Up Artistry Mercer Island
Facials Mercer Island or
Waxy Waxy Facial Clean Your Skin Here Ear Piercing Day Spa Spa

In any case, blogging and Google ad words is working! If you type any of the above phrases into Google, Sugar & Swank - Mercer Island's best kept spa secret - pops up toward the top of the list.

This makes me happy!

No comments: