Monday, May 21, 2007

A Day in My Sugar & Swank Life

"Don't forget to turn on the house alarm," my son told me as I tucked him in earlier tonight.

"I'll do it before I go to bed," I told him.

"What time do you go to bed?" he asked.

"I try to go to sleep before 11," I replied.

"Mommy! 11 is almost midnight!"

Smart boy. 11 is almost midnight. Currently, however, it is 11:44 pm, which really is almost midnight.

11:46. Where does the day go?

A Day in My Sugar & Swank Life

I wake up at 7:15 and hurry to get showered - no gym today as I have back-to-back clients coming over right after I drop my son off at school. After doing practice make-up on a bride and her maid-of-honor I run over to Kirkland for a lunch meeting with a business colleague. Straight from lunch back to my son's school for Monday's early pick-up. Drum practice, homework, reading, a few games and a a quick catch-up with a friend who has been out of the country. Then off to Downtown Seattle for a Ladies Who Launch book signing event. Back home, get my son's teeth brushed, hands washed and snuggle him into bed. 9 pm. Time to sit at the computer and get the first of my monthly Sugar & Swank training seminar emails out to the mailing list.
Invitations are out but I realize I haven't blogged in a week. Gotta write something for the masses to read!

11:52. My eyes are sleepy and I know I will pay for this tomorrow.

11:58. I finish a quick edit.

Just like the women I love, the women I like and the women around the world I'll never meet - I make the time to fit in all my responsibilities.

I am Being Sugar & Swank. I am Being a Good Woman.

12:01. Sugar & Swank Out.

1 comment:

amy said...

And you wouldn't want it any other way!