Friday, May 30, 2008

It has been awhile!

Wow. The last Sugar & Swank blog was written in December! In some ways that is hard to believe, in others it totally makes sense. Why? Because so much has been going on in the Sugar & Swank world - namely the fact that I finally took the plunge and went to the Euro Institute to get licensed in skincare. That meant 6 months of intense skincare training, 5 or 6 days a week, while working and being a good mommy in the evenings! It also means I get to expand my business to include facials, waxing and body treatments, which only makes sense.

But more on that in another blog.

What I really want to say here is that going back to school seemed like an impossibility. There were so many serious unknowns. How would my son get to and from school? How could I provide him with enough love, support and stability if I was focused on schoolwork? How would I pay for school? Would I be able to balance school with work in order to pay the bills? But once I made the decision to interview at The Euro things began to fall into place and, even despite all the obstacles, I made it through.

Being a good woman means that you don't let anything get in the way of your dreams and goals. If you want something bad enough it will all work out. In addition, sometimes have to make small sacrifices before becoming even better women.

Trust in yourself. Have faith in life.

I need to put in some special thanks here to my son, boyfriend, ex-husband, parents and friends. Without their support, patience, helpfulness and generosity I couldn't have made it through.

No comments: