Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Finding Balance





Being balanced is so important, but ever since starting my Esthetician training at the Euro Institute on November 26th, I've been struggling to get my life organized enough to return to the balance of my Sugar & Swank life before school started.

Just the other day I was telling a client that I was feeling unbalanced and then dropped something. "I've been so clumsy lately!" I exclaimed. "Of course you are," she replied. "You just told me you are feeling unbalanced so it would make sense that you're dropping and running into things."

While I absolutely love what I'm learning and wouldn't trade it for anything, my goal in 2008 is to get it back on track. I want to figure out how to make time to get in touch with friends, to call the oven repairman, Quest, the insurance company, etc. etc. More importantly, I need to start saying "no" to invitations. I need to just chill instead of running off to do another errand. I need to take "me" time without feeling guilty.

In the meantime, take a look at the pictures I've posted from my "classroom" and get excited because come May I will be able to add facials, waxing and body treatments to my Sugar & Swank repetoire.

No comments: